The Board of Publications was established in early 1933 and was re-named the Board of Publication and Radio in September 1945 to reflect the Radio Workshop's request for membership on the Board. The Board of Publications was responsible for overseeing student journalism, including supervising financial operations and establishing regulations for publications to ensure the solvency of student publications. The Board was comprised of both faculty and student members. Early Board members were: Dr. Lewis Theiss, Chair; Registrar H. Walter Holter, Arthur L. Brandon, Publicity Director, and Dean J. Hillis Miller (student member). Trennie Eisley, who superseded Arthur Brandon as Publicity Director, became Chair and Secretary of the Board of Publications. Student members of the Board of Publications represented the editors and business managers of the the L'Agenda yearbook The Bucknellian. Student membership changed each year to reflect new management and editorship of the student publications.