American Association of University Professors, Bucknell University Chapter Records
Scope and Contents
The records of the Bucknell Chapter of the American Association of University Professors range from 1952 to 2001 and include correspondence, minutes, reports and the chapter’s constitution. Additionally, there are a number of records related to the Board of Trustees disapproval of the faculty’s nomination of E. P. Thompson for an Honorary Degree in 1985.
Materials are in English.
The collection is open for research use.
The materials in this collection may be protected under copyright law and may only be used for educational, teaching, and research purposes. If the intended use is beyond these purposes, it is the responsibility of the user to obtain the appropriate permissions by contacting Special Collections/University Archives at the Ellen Clarke Bertrand Library, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA.
The Bucknell Chapter of the American Association of University Professors was established to:
• Defend academic freedom at Bucknell University
• Encourage faculty participation in government at Bucknell University
• Protect and advance the professional status and interests of faculty at Bucknell University and elsewhere
• Facilitate the dissemination of information on higher education principles and practices
• Participate in state conferences of chapters
In addition to the Executive Committee and Nominating Committee, the standing committees of the chapter included:
Academic Freedom and Tenure
Status of Women and Minorities
Professional Information and Chapter Newsletter
Faculty Participation in College and University Governance
0.21 Linear Feet ((1) 2.5 inch document box)
Records are arranged alphabetically by folder title and chronologically within the folders.
Photographs may be housed with the Special Collections/University Archives Photograph Collection.
- American Association of University Professors, Bucknell University Chapter Records
- Crystal Matjasic
- 2015 August
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description