The Women's Student Government Association (WSGA) was formed at Bucknell University on March 31, 1913. Every undergraduate women student was an active member of the organization. According to its constitution, the purpose of the WSGA was to "represent the best interests of the women students in planning campus activities, to promote active participation in the procedures of democratic self-government and individual responsibility, and to foster closer understanding between students and the administration." The WSGA was a bicamerial organization, having a Senate and House of Representatives. The WSGA was renamed Associated Women Students on June 1, 1964.