The General Alumni Association was the alumni organization for Bucknell University from 1918-1969. As stated in the 1921 constitution, the purpose of the organization was to “create an active center of alumni who will diligently advance the interests of Bucknell University by strengthening the relations between the alumni and the University, by establishing efficient class and alumni organizations, by disseminating such as will arouse the interest of the public in the University, by bringing to the attention of students of preparatory schools and those desiring to take up professional and post-graduate work the advantages of Bucknell University as an educational institution, by fostering and encouraging under-graduate activities, by assisting to provide funds for the maintenance and endowment of the University and by making recommendations to the Board of Trustees of matters deemed material for the University’s welfare.”
Membership to the General Alumni Association included any person to have received a degree or honorary degree from Bucknell University or matriculated into the University. Faculty members who were not graduates of Bucknell University were granted associate member status. The General Alumni Association published two alumni publications, the Bucknell Alumni Monthly (1914-1944) and the Bucknell Alumnus (1945-1972). It was formerly known as the Society of Alumni (1851-1876) and Alumni Association of Bucknell (1876-1918) and in later years the alumni association was known as the Bucknell Alumni Association (1970-2009) and the Bucknell University Alumni Association (2010- ).