ArchivesSpace Public Interface

Bucknell University, Bucknell Alumnae Club Records Edit

Summary

Identifier
BUCKNELL ALUMNAE
Finding Aid Author
Crystal Matjasic
Finding Aid Date
2014
Description Rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of Description
English

Dates

  • 1898-1938 (Creation)

Extents

  • 0.2 Linear Feet (Whole)
    (1) 5 inch document box

Agent Links

Subjects

Notes

  • Language

    Materials are in English.

  • Administrative History

    The Bucknell Alumnae Club was organized by women graduates of the University in October in 1880 and was federated in March of 1896. Membership consisted entirely of female graduates of Bucknell University. The Club was created to preserve relationships between students, increase intellectual culture and to promote the interests of Bucknell University. The Bucknell Alumnae Club disbanded in 1954.

  • Arrangement

    Records are arranged alphabetically by folder title and chronologically within the folders.

  • Scope and Contents

    The records of the Bucknell Alumnae Club are arranged alphabetically by folder title and range from 1898 to 1938. The records include the constitution of the Club, correspondence and a set of programs that includes a directory of the Alumnae Club.

  • Separated Materials

    Photographs may be housed with the Special Collections/University Archives Photograph Collection.

  • Access Restrictions

    The collection is open for research use.

  • Usage Restrictions

    The materials in this collection may be protected under copyright law and may only be used for educational, teaching, and research purposes. If the intended use is beyond these purposes, it is the responsibility of the user to obtain the appropriate permissions by contacting Special Collections/University Archives at the Ellen Clarke Bertrand Library, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA.

  • Preferred Citation

    [Item], Bucknell University, Bucknell Alumnae Club Records, Special Collections/University Archives, Bertrand Library, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.

Components